Wednesday, July 24, 2013

NAME Update #3


From Tracy … 

Wednesday, Day 3

Today was a heavy prayer day.  We started with 2 hours of focused prayer for a region of this country, the persecuted church and prisoners.  After a brief lunch we headed out to prayer drive various prisons and the site of an ancient forsaken church and a vista of much of the city.   We had the opportunity to wander the old city a bit.  The narrow streets were filled with the smell of spices being sold in burlap bags, the bustle of veiled, robed women securing last items for their fast breaking meal, the robed men loitering chatting with friends all while motor bikes and vehicles squeezed down narrow, windy old stone streets.  We returned home for a brief rest and then enjoyed a typical fast breaking meal out that started in Muslim style with dates. I can't get enough.  That will be on my wish list and in among my luggage when I return.  Dates in the states are like 10-year-old, dried up dates here.  Ending my day with water (I have drank 5X the amount here than at home) and girl talk with D.  LOVE IT!!!